# Server Providers
# Supported Server Providers
Forge supports a range of third-party server providers:
- Linode Cloud
- Amazon AWS
- Hetzner Cloud
Bring Your Own Provider
If your preferred provider is not baked into Forge, you can always use the Custom VPS option.
# Linking Additional Server Providers
You can link additional server providers from your account profile. You can access your account profile via the drop-down selection menu at the top-right of the Forge UI. Once you have accessed your account profile, you should navigate to the "Server Providers" tab.
# DigitalOcean Backups
If you are using DigitalOcean as your server provider, you may also enable the DigitalOcean Weekly Backups feature.
Forge is not responsible for your backups. Enabling this feature only tells DigitalOcean to make weekly backups of your server.
# Amazon AWS API Access
There are a few requirements you should review to ensure Forge works correctly with AWS:
- AWS IAM user must have Programmatic API Access.
- AWS IAM user needs to belong to a group with AmazonEC2FullAccess and AmazonVPCFullAccess managed policies.
- If you are using an existing VPC, the subnet must be configured to auto-assign public IP addresses.
- If you are using an existing VPC, the default security group must allow Forge to SSH into the server. Here is an example:
|SSH||TCP||22||Custom||YOUR_IP_ADDRESS/32||SSH from your IP|
|SSH||TCP||22||Custom||220.127.116.11/32||SSH from Forge|
|SSH||TCP||22||Custom||18.104.22.168/32||SSH from Forge|
# Vultr API Access
The Vultr server provider requires you to add the Forge IP addresses to an allowed list, so that Forge can communicate with your servers. Make sure that you do this before provisioning a server via Forge.
# Linode API Access
When creating a new API token in your account, Linode will ask you which permissions are needed. You will need to select:
- Linodes - Read/Write
- IPs - Read/Write
You may also wish to set the token to never expire.
# Bring Your Own Server
Alongside supporting several providers, Forge also supports the ability to use your own server. When creating a new server, select the Custom VPS option.
There are a few requirements to ensure that this works successfully:
- The server your connecting to must be running a fresh installation of Ubuntu 20.04 x64.
- Your server must be accessible externally over the internet.
- There must be a root user with no password.
During the creation process, you may customize the SSH Port that is used (defaulted to
Please refer to the Forge IP address documentation if you restrict SSH access by IP.