# Server Providers
# Supported Server Providers
Forge can create and manage servers on the following cloud server providers:
Bring Your Own Provider
If your preferred server provider is not supported by Forge, you may use Forge's "Custom VPS" option to create your server. Custom VPS servers receive all of the same functionality as first-party supported server providers.
# Linking Server Providers
You can link server providers from your Server Providers dashboard. It is possible to link any number of supported provider accounts, including multiple accounts for one provider.
# Amazon AWS API Access
There are a few requirements you should review to ensure Forge works correctly with your linked AWS account:
- AWS IAM users must have Programmatic API Access.
- AWS IAM users need to belong to a group with the AmazonEC2FullAccess and AmazonVPCFullAccess managed policies.
- If you are using an existing VPC, the subnet must be configured to auto-assign public IP addresses.
- If you are using an existing VPC, the default security group must allow Forge to SSH into the server. Here is an example:
|SSH||TCP||22||Custom||YOUR_IP_ADDRESS/32||SSH from your IP|
|SSH||TCP||22||Custom||22.214.171.124/32||SSH from Forge|
|SSH||TCP||22||Custom||126.96.36.199/32||SSH from Forge|
|SSH||TCP||22||Custom||188.8.131.52/32||SSH from Forge|
# Linode API Access
When creating a new Linode Cloud API token for your Linode account, Linode will ask you to select which permissions are needed by the token. You will need to select the following permissions:
- Linodes - Read/Write
- IPs - Read/Write
In addition, you may wish to set the token to never expire.
# Vultr API Access
The Vultr server provider requires you to add the Forge IP addresses to an IP address allow list so that Forge can communicate with your servers. You should ensure that you do this before provisioning a Vultr server via Forge.
# Bring Your Own Server
Alongside supporting several first-party server providers, Forge also supports the ability to use your own custom server. To do so, select the Custom VPS option when creating a new server.
In addition, you should review the following server requirements:
- The server must be running a fresh installation of Ubuntu 20.04 / 22.04 x64.
- The server must be accessible externally over the Internet.
- The server must have
rootSSH access enabled.
- The server requirements should meet the following criteria or more: 1 CPU Core with 1GHz, 1GB RAM, and 10GB Disk space.
- The server must have curl installed.
Please refer to the Forge IP address documentation if you restrict SSH access to your server by IP addresses.
If you are protecting your internal network through Network Address Translation and you are mapping public SSH ports to different internal SSH ports, you may let Forge know about this by checking the This server is behind a NAT checkbox. This will show an extra input field, NAT SSH Port, that you can use to tell Forge about the SSH port to which SSH traffic is mapped. Forge will use this port to allow traffic into the server via
ufw. If the internal SSH port is the same as the public SSH port, you may leave the NAT SSH Port field empty.