Forge can be configured to monitor the following metrics on your server and email you when their state changes:
- CPU Load Average
- Used Disk Space
- Used Memory
Business Plan Only
Server monitoring is only available on our "business" plan.
# Monitor Types
# CPU Load Average
The CPU Load Average monitor will track the server's load average. This is based on the average system load over a one minute interval.
# Used Disk Space
The Used Disk Space monitor tracks the amount of disk space that has been used on the primary drive.
# Used Memory
The Used Memory monitor tracks how much of the RAM is in active use.
# Creating Monitors
You may configure a new monitor from the Monitoring tab within a server's management dashboard. Below is a brief overview of how to create and configure a monitoring metric:
- Select the metric to monitor.
- Select whether the value of the metric should be
- Enter the threshold percentage that the metric would need to meet before notifying you.
- Enter how long (in minutes) the metric needs to exceed the threshold criteria for before you are notified.
- Enter an email address to notify when the monitor's state changes.
- Click Install Monitor.
Once the monitor is installed, your server will begin collecting metric data data and notify you once the state changes.
Notifying Multiple People
Forge will only accept one email address to notify. If you need to notify multiple people, you should create a distribution list such as
# Stat Collection Frequencies
The CPU Load and Used Memory metric data will be collected every minute. The Disk Space metric will be collected hourly.
# Circle Permissions
The ability to manage server monitors is split into two permissions: